In order to answer this question, two important items have to be considered: the right advice and the right preparation. In fact, the main rule of the different services at AXXAIR is based on the support to the customer who wants to choose an automated orbital process rather than to continue with manual welding.
This is the reason why it is preferable to consult our engineers and technicians in order to build a specific project. In this way you will save time and money.
The reduction of cost by means of orbital welding starts with service and training
Two aspects have to be considered:
- the human being
- and the choice of the equipment.
The R&D Department, the technical management and the service department help future customers to consider the whole process and to choose the best equipment according to their applications.
We take into account:
- the industrial field where the equipment will be used
- the fluids that will be flowing in the tubes and the internal pressure, taking into consideration all relevant and precise technical specifications
- Rules and standards that might be followed
AXXAIR makes welding samples that can be used for XMOS validation tests if required, before the purchase of the equipment. A welding report containing all programs is handed over, with which the customer achieves substantial economies.
A special show room has been equipped for customer and prospects. Here you cannot only attend demonstrations of the entire orbital process including cutting, squaring, bevelling and welding, but also training sessions adapted to our machines. In this way, our customers are assured that the operators will be perfectly trained for the AXXAIR power sources and the various techniques used in the orbital welding processes.
What is the price for a project that includes cutting, bevelling and orbital welding?
The cost-saving sources for AXXAIR customers can be explained as following:
- The preparation phase for the whole process, including tacking which will improve precision and productivity when manual or automatic welding are used.
- The automation of an orbital system where costs are defined according to the cutting and squaring procedure, and of course the orbital welding itself
The more precise is the preparation, the quicker the welder/operator will carry out the task with a high quality result.
The training of the operators on the complete orbital process will save time and improve productivity.
You will only need two or three days on average for fusion welding applications (>3mm wall thickness).
The use of an orbital TIG and automated welding procedure allows you to:
- use less gas for the welding equipment thanks to the automatic gas delivery stop at the end of the welding,
- same advantage for the filling wire: the needed quantity is better controlled,
- a perfectly controlled fatigue of the blade with a penetration lever for the orbital cutting
- the automation of repetitive applications of orbital welding in prefabrication
- no need for lubricant when a carbide orbital beveling process is used (V bevel for manual welding or J bevel for orbital welding) which will improve productivity
- preparation of electropolished tubes with facing tools for compliance after a cutting process
- the portability of the orbital system will lower the general cost
- the quality of the welds can be more easily measured and controlled compared to manual welds. The repeatability of the process will allow a perfect result without needing any repair measures